Saturday, May 13, 2017

boots: carson tom foyer dialogue final

FROM HERE

CARSON: How did you find my address?

TOM: Online.

Carson nods.

C: Just happened to be in the neighborhood?

T: Well. My sister passed. On my way to Texas to tend to affairs.

C: I'm sorry for your loss.

T: Thank you.

C: Ruth.

T: Yessir. Ruthie.

Tom removes his cowboy hat.

C: How'd she die?

T: Hit by lightnin'. Died instantly, thank god.

C: Was she married?

T: Well. Not in the eyes of the state of Texas but her and Virginia did have a weddin' ceremony several years ago.

C: Virginia.

T: Yessir. Been together nearly as long as me and my wife.

C: How long is that.

T: Be twenty-five years in November.

C: Wanda.

T: Yessir. So I guess you got online, too.

C: I do. You're driving from Laramie?

T: Yessir.

C: Carson is fine.

T: Yessir. Carson.

C: I have an appointment I can't break.

T: I understand. We'll be drivin' back through in a couple weeks.

C: We?

T: Me'n Wanda. She's flyin' down in a few days after he she has a cyst removed.

C: I won't be here in a couple weeks. My daughter flies out day after tomorrow. We leave for Nova Scotia next week. When's the funeral?

T: Ain't gonna be one. Ruthie's body's gonna be cremated.

Carson nods, considers.

CUT TO CARSON AND JACKIE AT THE PARK ON THE RIVER.




took long enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment